Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Conformation Critique

Another conformation candidate sent in. This is a 6 year old Thoroughbred mare.

First I have to comment on what a cute head this little mare has on her. She has the ideal feminine mare head that I would like on a TB. A very kind eye and shallow mouth which hints to me that this mare is probably very responsive on the bit. She has the average TB neck that ties in nicely with her shoulder that also has a great angle and is not to steep. She is a bit weak in her top line and loin, but with collection exercises I'm sure both her top line and neck will become more refined and muscular. Her pasterns are a bit longer than I would like, but not long enough that I would think she would have soundness issues because of. She has a nice wither and heart girth. With a little more conditioning and collection exercises I think this mare could shape up to be a nice beginner or intermediate jumper or hunter/jumper prospect.

No comments: